Remember what Bilbo used to say...

" It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."





Friday, April 02, 2010

Hong Kong Wetland Park

I didn't get to go today, but my husband and daughter went. They loved it and the photos were taken by my husband I will post some information I found and the website to find more. We are definitely will go back and I will join next time.

Websites:
“Located at the northern part of Tin Shui Wai, New Territories, Hong Kong, the site of Hong Kong Wetland Park was originally intended to be an ecological mitigation area (EMA) to compensate for the wetlands lost due to Tin Shui Wai New Town development. In 1998, the Agriculture and Fisheries Department (now renamed as Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, AFCD) and the Hong Kong Tourists Association (now renamed as Hong Kong Tourism Board, HKTB) commissioned an "International Wetland Park and Visitor Centre Feasibility Study" on expanding the EMA to a world-class wetland ecotourism attraction.” http://www.wetlandpark.com/en/aboutus/index.asp







No comments: