Remember what Bilbo used to say...

" It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."





Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hong Kong Vs Japan

I have only lived in Hong Kong a few months, but coming from Japan, this place is extremely easy. I can't get over how easy it is to get to point "A" to point "B" in no time. Everyone speaks English and it is wonderful and sad at the same time. Knowing the language helps me understand the culture better, on the other hand people speaking English helps me get what I want lot faster.

I am currently taking a Cantonese class; which I should be at right now, but time got away from me. Anyway I am not stressing, I am picking it up pretty well and I am able to use it.


The craziest thing happen to me today...I found myself missing Japan. Why is that? I was so happy to leave! Oh, I will visit Japan again, but I don't ever plan on living there again...It was way to stressful for me. You see, I like the word "no". I like telling someone "no, I can't do that." or "No, I won't be able to make it to the party."- That was the big difference between Hong Kong and Japan from the start.


The first time I heard someone say "no" to me directly in Hong Kong was in a taxi. It was strange to hear it, I was a little shocked to say the least. I couldn't help but smile; I said "thank you, keep the change." The taxi driver probably thought I was drunk. You never know how much you appreciate the verbalization of the word “No” until you go without it for awhile.
This post didn't really hold any importance, but that is why I am the Rambling Gypsy.

No comments: