Remember what Bilbo used to say...

" It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."





Sunday, January 17, 2010

Taking Photos of our daughter.

There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer. ~Ansel Adams

Here is the thing it happened in Japan and now it is happening in Hong Kong. People love taking photos our daughter, she is cute, but I think it has to do more with her Blonde hair and blue/green eyes. Sometimes I don't mind, but some people are really rude about it...like they just come up and start taking photos of her without asking us or her.


The photo above are woman who were real nice; they asked us then the asked our daughter. They also played with her in the sand for a little bit, because she asked them too. Best of all they said thank you not just to us, but to her too.
Don't think I say "Yes" to everyone who asks- I don't. Sometime I ignore people and step in the way of their camera, so they can't get a photo of her. What is difficult is we are a gust in another person's country, so I don't want to offend anyone; when in their eyes they are being perfectly innocent. But not everyone is a nice person, so how am I supposed to act or behave when someone wants to take photos of our daughter?

Our family is used to it and so is our daughter. We say “no”, sometimes we say “yes”. I have at time said “please don’t take photos of our daughter”. I have picked her up and left the area, but that angers her.
This is a no win situation for me really, maybe I need to start charging to help her college fund!

You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it. ~Author Unknown

No comments: